Kids are going back to school, and that means the hectic, weeknight rush to get dinner on the table is back on, sigh. I wanted to share one of my favorite tricks for getting my kids out of the kitchen so I can get dinner cooked quickly. Below is another family favorite, my classic Bolognese.
Since I last posted it, I’ve modified it by making it in my InstantPot, so my cook time went from 6-8 hours in a slow cooker… to 30 minutes!!! So this is a huge win for me. Again, here is a link to the video, and the recipe is below.Print
Instant Pot Turkey Bolognese
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 lb ground dark meat turkey
- 2 slices of bacon, sliced into small pieces
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- a generous splash of heavy cream
- 1 cup of red wine (Cab or Zin are best)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 lb pasta – like spaghetti or linguini
- parmesan cheese to taste
- In the InstantPot, fry the bacon in a pan until slightly crispy.
- Add the turkey and the celery, carrots, garlic and onion to the pot and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up the meat into small pieces. It doesn’t have to be cooked all the way, just browned and broken into small pieces.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, dried oregano and thyme and red wine.
- Place the top on the InstantPot to secure and cook on manual for 20 minutes.
- Release the steam valve, and stir in a good slug of heavy cream.
- Scoop sauce on top of pasta and add fresh chopped parsley and basil and grated parmesan cheese.
Keywords: turkey, bolognese, Instant Pot