This viral recipe on TikTok is popular for a reason, the yogurt custard filling tastes like cheesecake and the toast is extra crunchy and completely craveable! I pop it in the oven in an air fryer basket and then I rouse my children from sleep and the smell of baking custard toast fills the whole house!Print
TikTok Custard Yogurt Toast
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 slices thick sourdough bread
- 1 cup whole Greek Yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 pt organic fresh strawberries, or blueberries or raspberries
- 1/4 cup dried strawberries (optional)
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 375.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the gg and add the Greek yogurt and maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Using the back of a spoon, press down on the center of the sourdough bread slices, leaving a lip where the crust is.
- Spoon the yogurt filling onto the bread slices, top with thinly sliced strawberries and bake in an air fryer basket or parchment lined baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle with crushed dried strawberries, if using, and powdered sugar.