I love teaching people how to cook, so when the host of NBC Texas Today said she was a vegetarian and didn’t have a lot of experience cooking in the kitchen, I knew my Tofu Tacos would be the perfect recipe to share with her. While I used the grill for the tv segment, on Instagram I showed how I also make these in the air fryer (which my kids love). Below you’ll find the recipe for fool-proof, crispy, tofu tacos but if tofu isn’t your jam you could also substitute chicken or shrimp in the recipe.Print
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1 package extra firm sprouted organic tofu
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- Corn or flour tortillas, mango salsa and lime wedges for serving
- Remove the tofu from packaging and wrap in several sheets of paper towel. Place in a bowl and place a heavy jar or can on top and leave on the counter for at least 15 minutes or up to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain off the liquid and remove the paper towels and cut into half-inch sized cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the taco seasoning, cumin, garlic and kosher salt, chopped cilantro and avocado oil.
- Toss the tofu in the seasoning mix and place evenly on an air fryer basket.
- Bake for 10 minutes, toss the tofu and bake for another 10 minutes or until the edges are crispy.