This Classic Chicken Pot Pie is an easy family favorite. With the flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce, and a hearty mixture of roasted chicken and vegetables, what’s not to like? I love using the whole roasted chicken and vegetables I made earlier in the week, but store-bought rotisserie chicken also works in a pinch! My kids absolutely love this dish and I love that I have a complete dinner prepared in one pot.
Chicken Pot Pie
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 large roasted chicken breast, including rib meat, cubed
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup leeks, washed, trimmed and only white and light green part
- 1/3 cup cubed celery
- 1/3 cup peeled and cubed carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, destemmed
- Pinch of kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
- Extra flour for rolling out puff pastry
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium-sized pot set to medium heat, melt butter and add the leeks, celery and carrots and sauté until vegetables begin to soften about one minute.
- Add the garlic, thyme pinch of salt and pepper and then sprinkle the flour evenly over the vegetables and sauté for another minute until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the chicken, broth and cream and stir until the sauce simmers and thickens slightly. Pour into a baking dish.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle flour on a clean surface and gently roll out the puff pastry, removing creases.
- Place over the filling and cut a few small slits to vent the puff pastry.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
Keywords: Chicken Pot Pie