These salmon fish tacos are a new favorite in our home, especially because they are just as popular with adults as they are with kids! I love using the crumbs from the bottom of my tortilla chip bag to make the breading, but you can easily substitute cornmeal. Squeeze with fresh lime juice and wrap them up in tortillas or use romaine lettuce and top with avocado, diced mango, even jalapeño slices for a kick. This gluten free, flavor and protein packed dinner will not disappoint!Print
Air Fryer Tex-Mex Crispy Fish Tacos
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Method: Air Fryer
- 2 lbs. skinless salmon, cut into one inch, finger long strips
- 2 cups crunched up tortilla chips (can substitute cornmeal and add a tsp salt)
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp mild chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1.5–2lbs salmon
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Vegetable spray
For the tacos:
- 2 mangos
- 4 avocados
- 8–12 corn tortillas or romaine lettuce leaves
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Sliced shallots
- Chopped jalapenos
Special equipment: electric air fryer or air fryer basket
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place the tortillas, taco seasoning, cumin, chili powder, and paprika into a blender or food processor and pulse until pulverized and the consistency of flour.
- Place the cassava flour in one bowl, the beaten eggs in another, and the seasoned tortilla chip flour in another.
- Sprinkle the salmon strips lightly with salt, then dip in the cassava flour, shake off gently, then dip in the egg wash, and finally the tortilla chip flour mixture.
- Place all the strips on the air fryer basket and make sure the pieces are not touching.
- Spray generously with vegetable spray and bake for 5 minutes, then flip, spray with more vegetable spray and bake for another 5-8 minutes or until golden on all sides.
- Meanwhile, dice avocado, mango, chop cilantro and jalapeño, and slice shallots.
- To serve, arrange the salmon strips on romaine leaves or corn tortillas, squeeze with lime juice and use toppings of choice.
Keywords: Air Fryer Fish Tacos