What are you going to do with a few leftover filets of grilled or seared salmon? There is a viral TikTok recipe – salmon and rice – that inspired me to reinvent the salmon and cooked quinoa I made for dinner last night. Even if you are making this dish from scratch, I’ve never seen a bowl of protein and complex carbs, crunchy veggies and a yummy sauce, that my whole family didn’t love customizing to their liking!Print
Ancho Chili Salmon and Quinoa Bowl
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 4 cooked salmon filets, flaked into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- juice from 1 whole lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 2 mangos, diced
- 1 large English cucumber, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- In a large mixing bowl, add the mayo, salt, cumin, paprika, lemon juice and cilantro and whisk to combine.
- Add the cooked quinoa and salmon and gently toss to combine.
- Split the salmon quinoa mixture evenly among four bowl, then top with your choice of mango, cucumber, bell pepper and avocado.
This is also excellent on top of a salad if you need a way to jazz up greens!