This easy, low carb ad gluten free cake is served as a typical dessert in Galicia, located in northern Spain. The lemon and orange zest give it a subtle citrus burstPrint
Gluten Free Almond and Citrus Cake – Tarta de Santiago
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- zest from 1 lemon
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Powdered sugar and cinnamon for dusting
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In the other bowl, add the sugar to the egg yolks and whisk until the yolks turn pale yellow, about 3 minutes.
- Add the zest of both the lemon and the orange and the almond extract and beat on high until well combined.
- Fold in the egg whites until completely incorporated.
- Pour into a parchment lined springform pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and dust with powdered cinnamon sugar before serving.