Gluten Free Apple Almond Honey Cake
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free steel cut oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup ghee or unsalted butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 baking dish and line with parchment paper
- In the blender, add the oats and blend until it becomes a fine flour
- Add in the almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and blend until combined. Scrape down the bottom near the blade to ensure the dry ingredients don’t get packed down.
- Crack the eggs in a separate bowl to ensure no shells get into the batter.
- Add the eggs, applesauce, hone and almond extract. Pulse to combine, scrape down the sides and bottom of the blender, add in the melted butter and blend again until completely smooth and combined.
- Pour into the parchment lined baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool before sprinkling with powdered sugar.