Grilled Lamb Kebabs with Herb Israeli Couscous
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 16 kebabs (serves 4) 1x
- 1 lb 85% lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 medium white onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 heaping tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sumac (optional)
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef and lamb. Add the onions and garlic, salt and pepper, pine nuts and all the spices. Drizzle with olive oil and, using your hands, gently incorporate all the ingredients.
- Form into equal oval shaped balls, you should have 16, and allow to rest for at least five minutes.
- Grill on medium heat for several minutes on each side until slightly charred on both sides.
- Serve with Israeli couscous, pita, tahini or tzatziki sauce.