My son asked to bake with me and I couldn’t refuse him, so we made this delicious Meyer lemon pound cake together. It’s so easy your children can make it with just a little help from an adult!Print
Meyer Lemon Pound Cake
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Meyer lemon
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a greased loaf pan with parchment paper. Zest the Meyer lemon and squeeze the juice and set aside
- In an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until it becomes a light yellow color and the mixture is completely creamed. With the mixer on low, add the eggs one at a time then add lemon extract, the lemon zest and the juice. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl and then mix again until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, salt and baking powder and stir to combine.
- Withe the mixer back on low speed, add a fourth of the flour mixture at a time, stopping to scrape down the sides, until all of the flour mixture is incorporated into the bowl.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean. Transfer for a cooling rack and allow to cool before cutting into half inch thick slices.