Mushroom Soup is cozy and comforting on a cold winter day. But did you know mushrooms can also help boost your mood? Mushrooms are high in Vitamin D and studies show people with high levels of vitamin D are less likely to experience depression. So now would be the ideal time to blitz up this delicious and hearty soup.Print
Mushroom Soup for Your Soul
- 1 16oz package baby bella (Crimini) mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 16oz package white button mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 8oz package shitake mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 large leek, rinsed and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp mushroom stock or bouillon
- 3 tbsp vermouth
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tbsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sauté the leeks, then add the mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, thyme, parsley and vermouth and sautee until mushrooms begin to release liquid.
- Turn off the heat and transfer half the mushrooms to a blender. Add stock and puree, then add other half and pulse 4 times until soup is chunky.
- Return the mixture to a sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in cream and heat through.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: mushroom, soup