Chicken and orzo is the perfect combination. I love to make a lemony dill soup with the little pasta and shredded chicken and reinvent the leftovers into this big bowl filled with crunchy vegetables and briny olives. The fresh dill and parsley, along with the lemon vinaigrette and creamy feta make for a vibrant and flavor packed salad that is just as filling for dinner as it would be for lunch.Print
Chicken and Orzo Salad Bowl
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 1/2 cup cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup cooked orzo
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup feta, I used sheep’s milk feta
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup diced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced grilled zucchini
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup or 4-5 red endive leaves
- 2 cups romaine, baby gem or butter lettuce leaves
- Lemon herb vinaigrette for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the orzo, olive oil, feta, lemon, dill, parsley and salt and gently toss to combine.
- In a large bowl or serving platter, arrange the lettuce leaves and red endive then layer the shredded chicken, orzo, cucumbers and bell pepper, olives and grilled zucchini in small piles together.
- Top with avocado and drizzle dressing on top to your liking.
- Alternatively, you can chop the lettuce, then add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl, toss and serve.