This red and golden beet is the most beautiful salad I have ever made and it’s even tastier than it looks. With an easy pink tahini, watermelon radishes, Persian cucumbers and pomegranate seeds, it’s bursting with color and flavor. It’s the perfect, filling salad to begin a healthy new year!Print
Detox Beet Salad
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 watermelon radish
- 3 small white or red radish
- 1 Persian cucumber
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1/2 lb red beets (about 2-3 small-medium sized beets)
- 1/2 lb yellow beets (about 2-3 small-medium sized beets)
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented (I like Cava for this recipe, but any orange will do)
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup pink tahini – recipe below
- 1/4 cup tahini (toasted sesame paste)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3–4 tbsp room temperature water
- 1 small beet, peeled
- For the Salad: Use a mandolin or very sharp knife to slice the watermelon radish, white radish and Persian cucumber as thin as possible. Place each of the vegetables in cold water until ready to assemble. Steam the beets, allow to cool to room temperature, then peel and quarter, keeping the red and yellow beets separate so the color doesn’t bleed.
- For the Pink Tahini: In a food processor, add the tahini, salt, lemon and 1-2 tbsp water and puree until well blended. Add water a tablespoon at a time until the consistency of thin peanut butter. Quarter the beet and add to the food processor and blend again until smooth.
- To assemble the salad, spread the tahini in a thin layer on a medium sized serving platter. Top with beets and orange slices, then gently layer slices of cucumber, radishes and avocado, arugula and basil. Top with pomegranate seeds and sprinkle with salt.