Restore with the ultimate bowl of comfort- Chicken Noodle Soup. It’s hydrating, proven to fight infections, and help you recuperate from a cold faster.
Here is my Mother’s recipe, with one modification – Shirataki Noodles. They are gluten free, non GMO, tofu noodle that is filling, yet not bloating. If you want to slurp noodles without the bloat, these are the way to go!Print
Chicken ‘Noodle’ Soup
- Category: Soup
- 1 whole organic chicken
- 3 organic celery stalks, chopped
- 3 organic carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, quartered, with skin on
- 1 large handful parsley, with stalks (reserve a couple of tablespoons of the stems, chopped fine)
- 8 cups filtered water
- 1 package Tofu Shirataki Noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, add the chicken, celery, carrots, onion, parsley and water. Cover and turn heat on high.
- When it begins to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Strain the chicken broth through cheese cloth, reserving the carrots, celery and chicken breasts.
- Rinse the shirataki noodles under cold water, then place handful of the noodles in a bowl.
- Ladle over the soup, garnish with diced chicken breast meat, cooked carrots and a sprinkling of chopped parsley.
Keywords: Chicken Noodle Soup