Instant Pot Tomato Basil Soup may be the easiest and most delicious soup recipe I’ve created yet! Dreary cold days call for this bowl of comfort, and the sourdough pesto grilled cheese is fantastic for dipping. My kitchen isn’t a disaster, thanks to the ease of the Instant Pot, and most of the ingredients are likely in your pantry already. It’s so bright and pretty, and the flavor is rich and tangy. The artichoke pesto grilled cheese is incredible for dipping into the soup and it’s a delicious take on a classic grilled cheese.Print
Instant Pot Tomato Basil Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil pesto (Here is how to make your own!)
- 6 sundried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 4 cups chicken stock (can use vegetable stock to keep it vegetarian)
- 2 – 28 can San Marzano peeled tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- splash of heavy cream
- fresh basil for garnish
- special equipment: hand immersion blender or high powered blender
- Turn the InstantPot on to the sauté setting.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, onion, carrots and celery and sauté for a couple of minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the pesto, sundried tomatoes, broth, and tomatoes (Crush by hand before adding to the pot).
- Season with salt and pepper, stir, and seal the lid.
- Cook on manual for 15 minutes.
- Release the steam and blend with the immersion blender.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and add a splash of heavy cream and garnish with fresh chopped basil.
Keywords: tomato, basil, soup, instant pot
Artichoke Pesto Grilled Cheese
- 4 thick slices of sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil pesto
- 4 slices smoked gouda cheese
- 4 slices part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 – 12 oz can artichoke hearts in oil
- unsalted butter for frying
- special equipment: cast iron skillet
- In a cast iron skillet melt a tablespoon of butter and add two slices of the sourdough bread.
- Add a tablespoon of fresh basil pesto to each slice.
- Place two slices of smoked gouda on one slice and two slices of mozzarella to the other.
- Add a thin layer of artichoke hearts to one piece.
- Once the cheese begins to melt, place the other piece of bread on top.
- Remove from the pan and slice on a diagonal to serve.
Keywords: artichoke, pesto, grilled cheese