Pozole is a slow-cooked Mexican stew with big chunks of tender pork and hominy, along with chili and South American spices for a ton of flavor.
Pull out the slow cooker or Instant Pot for this incredibly easy Pork Pozole, a Mexican stew with hominy and chilis that’s a flavorful alternative to chicken tortilla soup.
Instant Pot Pork Pozole
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2–3 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cubed
- 2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- generous sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp ancho chili powder (can substitute regular chili powder)
- 1 dried guajillo pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 – 15 oz can of hominy, drained
- 1 8 oz can mild diced green chilis
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- juice from one lime
- radishes, cilantro, lime – optional for garnish
- Salt the cubed pork generously and sear it with the olive oil in the Instant Pot.
- Add the hominy, green chili, spices, garlic, onion, lime juice guajillo pepper and the broth, stir to combine.
- Place the top on, seal the steam lever on top and cook on the ‘stew’ function (50 minutes).
- Release the steam and serve. I serve one with sliced radishes, fresh cilantro and a lime wedge.
Keywords: Instant Pot Pork Pozole