Classic Beef Meatballs and Marinara
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: approximately 30 medium meatballs 1x
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 lbs 85% lean ground beef, preferably grass-fed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk, can use low fat
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (or half a medium yellow onion)
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 6 cups marinara
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, add the egg and milk and whisk until combined.
- Add the Parmesan, parsley, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add the meat and breadcrumbs and gently mix until combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop meatballs onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, making sure they don’t touch. Bake for 10 minutes or until browned on top.
- Meanwhile, place the marinara in a large pot and set it to medium-low.
- Add the meatballs and simmer for half an hour before serving with spaghetti, Parmesan, and chopped parsley or fresh basil.
Keywords: Classic Beef Meatballs