Before the kids head off to trick-or-treat on Halloween, I like to feed them a balanced dinner packed with protein and fruit. But it doesn’t mean it has to be boring! Here are some Halloween inspired finger foods that kids (and adults will love). Mummy hot dogs, ‘vampire’ sandwiches and ‘monster mouths’, it doesn’t get more creative or fun than that! Give these easy recipes a try and send your little ones off with full and happy bellies.Print
Halloween Inspired Food Kids Will Love
Keywords: halloween, kids
Mummy Hot Dogs
- 1 package hot dogs (I used Gwaltney Chicken Dogs, they’re 40% less fat than regular hotdogs)
- 1 package Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Mustard and Craisins for eyes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Unwrap the dough and cut into long strips.
- Wrap a piece of the dough around the hot dog, in a criss cross pattern, leaving a gap for the eyes.
- Repeat with the remainder of the dough and hot dogs.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until dough begins to brown slightly.
- Remove and allow to cool, then add dots of mustard and Craisins for eyes.
Keywords: mummy hot dogs, halloween
- 1 package Nature’s Own Whole Wheat Sandwich Rolls
- Filling of your choice (PB&J, Turkey and Swiss, Ham and Cheddar)
- 8 Vampire Teeth
- 16 Craisins
- Make the sandwiches with any favorite combination.
- Cut a diamond shape in the center and pull out extra filling.
- Gently place the vampire teeth in the opening.
- Cut small slits for eyes and place Craisins in openings.
Keywords: vampire, sandwiches, halloween
- 4 green apples
- peanut butter
- 1 package yogurt covered raisins or Craisins
- Cut apples in half, horizontally. Then cut again diagonally.
- You will have four apple pieces.
- Cut a slit in the shape of a mouth and remove.
- Spread with peanut butter and place yogurt covered raisins (lengthwise) in the mouth, to look like teeth.
Keywords: monster mouths, apples, peanut butter