All you need is a little time for the dough to rest, but I promise this homemade pizza dough is so easy to make and even easier to eat! Perfect for a Sunday night dinner where the kids can make their own, I love this easy, homemade pizza dough recipe, and I hope you do too!Print
Homemade Pizza Dough
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 3-4 hours
- Total Time: 13 minute
- Yield: 2
- 1 packet (1 tsp) dry active yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup warm water
- Extra flour for rolling the dough
Toppings such as:
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella
- fresh basil leaves
- green bell peppers
- fresh mozzarella
- dried oregano and basil
- dried chili flake
- In a small bowl, combine the dry active yeast, sugar and warm water and allow to sit for five minutes. If the yeast mixture does not begin to bubble and grow within the first couple of minutes it means the yeast is old and you need to start from scratch.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, extra virgin olive oil, bloomed yeast and warm water.
- Stir to combine, then, using your hands, kneed for 3-5 minutes or until a smooth dough forms. Dust with flour and cover with a towel for 15 minutes.
- Cut the dough in half, form into two dough balls and cover and let sit for 3-4 minutes.
- Top with a small amount of marinara (about 2-3 tbsp, too much sauce makes the crust soggy) and desired toppings
- Bake at 450 on a parchment lined baking sheet or pizza stone for about 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crust is brown.