I love using up leftovers, as you probably know by now! Yesterday I made a delicious ‘spring green hummus’ and served it with crackers and loads of crunchy vegetables to create a pretty awesome crudité platter. I used the leftover crackers to create a crunchy crust for air fryer chicken tenders, then used up the rest of the hummus as the perfect, cool dip!Print
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1 lb organic, free range chicken breasts, cut into one-inch thick strips
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cheddar cheese flavored crackers
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- vegetable spray
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Have three separate bowls ready and place the eggs and milk in one, the flour in the third for the cracker ‘breadcrumbs’.
- Place the crackers in a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to pulverize until you have the texture of breadcrumbs, then pour into a bowl.
- Sprinkle the chicken strips with salt. Dip the chicken strips first in flour, shake off the excess, then dip in the egg and milk mixture and finally coat in the cheddar breadcrumbs.
- Place in an air fryer basket and spray generously with vegetable spray.
- Bake for 5 minutes, flip, spray with more vegetable spray and bake for another 5 minutes.