This classic hummus gets a springtime twist with fresh peas and basil. This Spring Green Hummus makes the perfect appetizer or side for your spring or summer gatherings.
Spring Green Hummus
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh peas, or frozen and thawed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- juice from one lemon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tahini
- 1/4 cup tap warm water (may need more to thin the tahini)
- In a food processor, add the chickpeas, peas and garlic and pulse to combine.
- Add the basil, lemon juice, salt and tahini and pulse again to combine.
- With the food processor running, slowly add the water until the mixture becomes very smooth. If the mixture isn’t creamy enough, add a splash of water at a time until you get the consistency of smooth peanut butter.
- Taste and add salt if needed. Serve with crunchy vegetables and crackers.