A light, low carb and healthy vegetarian dinner, this eggplant roll up dish, or Eggplant Rollatini as it’s commonly referred to is my take on the Italian classic.Print
Baked Stuffed Eggplant Roll Ups
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 eggplant
- 1/4–1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher sea salt
- 1 cup whipped lemon basil ricotta (here are the ingredients and directions)
- 1 jar good quality marinara
- 1/2 cup sheep’s milk feta
- 1/4 cup Italian flat leaf parsley
- Slice the eggplant as thin as possible, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place paper towels on a counter, sprinkle the eggplant strips with salt and allow to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Pat the moisture with another layer of paper towels, flip, add another generous sprinkle of salt and allow to sit for 5 more minutes.
- Pat dry again and begin to fry in batches with a little bit of olive oil. Continue with remaining eggplant strips and olive oil.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a square baking dish, pour an inch thick of marinara sauce on the bottom.
- Spread a thin layer of the whipped ricotta on a slice of eggplant, roll up from one end and repeat with the remaining eggplant.
- Arrange the rolled eggplant in a dish, top with a little more marinara and crumble the feta on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove and sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.