InstantPot Pot Roast
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3–5 pound beef chuck roast
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and quartered
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into inch-thick circles
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- Generous salt and pepper
- 2 cups beef broth (I use this organic, low sodium)
- 1/2cup red wine, like Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 whole sprig of fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 24 oz bag petite or ‘Baby Dutch’ yellow potatoes
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Turn your InstantPot or any electric pressure cooker to the ‘saute’ setting. Add the olive oil, half of the carrots and onions and stir until browned.
- Cook the vegetables in batches, then add them all to the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Meanwhile, season the chuck roast with salt and pepper generously on both sides.
- Place the chuck roast on top of the vegetables, pour over the beef broth and wine, and place the rosemary sprig and thyme on top.
- Seal the lid and cook on high for 30 minutes. Force the steam release and once unlocked remove the rosemary and thyme and add the potatoes.
- Seal and cook on manual for 10 minutes.
- Serve with chopped parsley if using.