You wouldn’t think of butternut squash, delicate squash, or pumpkin as the first ingredient to complement pizza. Still, they make surprisingly sweet and savory toppings that are perfect for evoking the smells of Fall in your kitchen. Try out this roasted vegetable and cheese pizza tonight!
Roasted Vegetable and Smoked Cheese Pizza
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 Individual Naan bread (you can find these in the freezer section near the pizza dough)
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce or Roasted Butternut Squash Marinara
- 1/2 cup peeled and roasted squash (I use delicate in the video, but use whichever variety you like!)
- 1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded smoked gouda
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme, de-stemmed
- 2 sprigs of fresh sage
- a handful of roasted pine nuts or pumpkin seeds (optional, for garnish)
- Place a couple tablespoons of sauce on each pizza. Place cubes of squash on top, then sprinkle both pizzas evenly with both the mozzarella and gouda.
- Add the fresh thyme and rip the sage into small pieces and place evenly on both pizzas.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5-10 minutes or golden and bubbly. Top with roasted seeds or pine nuts.
Keywords: Cheese Pizza