Shrimp Scampi was one of my grandmother’s favorite dishes. She always ordered it when we went to an Italian restaurant. And while it tastes decadent, there are only a handful of ingredients that go into making it and it only takes a few minutes to prepare. I am all about shaving time off my weeknight dinner routine, so I cook my spaghetti ahead of time, toss it with olive oil so it won’t stick, and pop it into a tupperware to keep in the fridge for quick weeknight dinners. I also always have shrimp in the freezer, it’s so quick to thaw and only a couple minutes to cook.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 lbs of fresh, peeled shrimp (I buy large Gulf Shrimp, frozen with an ‘EZ Peel’ to remove quickly once thawed)
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine (Chardonnay works great)
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Kosher salt to taste
- slide lemons for garnish
- optional: chili flake to taste
- In a large stainless steel sauce pan, melt the butter on medium low heat.
- Once melted, add the shrimp, sprinkle with salt and cook for just a couple minutes or until they begin to turn from translucent to opaque.
- Flip the shrimp, add the garlic, white wine and lemon juice and cook for just another minute.
- Turn off the heat, add the pasta and toss to coat the sauce and shrimp. Add the parsley and pour into a large serving bowl.
- Top with lemon slices and more parsley, plus a generous sprinkle of salt. Serve immediately
Keywords: Shrimp Scampi