What could be more cooling on a hot summer day than cold yogurt Tzaziki sauce, slathered on grilled chicken skewers? These easy Tzaziki Chicken Skewers are the perfect recipe for any summer meal. This Tzaziki sauce is one of my favorite dips, and I doubled it to make a marinade for the chicken as well. After grilling, I skewered the chicken with thin slices of Persian cucumbers, and a cherry tomato on top. Perfect for snacking by the pool, and now that Memorial Day is here, let the poolside entertaining begin!Print
Tzaziki Chicken Skewers
- 1 1/2 cup 2% plain greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- juice from two lemons
- 6 Persian cucumbers
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried chili flake (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut intuit sized pieces
- In a mixing bowl, add half the yogurt, 1 clove chopped garlic, juice from 1 lemon, the oregano, half the fresh dill, half the olive oil, salt and pepper, and mix to combine.
- Add the cut-up chicken and toss, marinate overnight.
- When you are ready, you can either grill the chicken on an outdoor grill, or roast it at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are crispy.
- To assemble, skewer the cooked chicken, three pieces at a time.
- Slice three of the cucumbers on a thin setting on a mandolin.
- Weave a slice on the skewer and press gently until it’s touching the chicken, then add three pieces more chicken.
- Continue this pattern until the skewer is full, then add a cherry tomato to each side.
For the Tzaziki Sauce:
- Grate the remaining three cucumbers and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Add it to a mixing bowl along with the rest of the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, dill, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Allow to sit in the refrigerator for 15 minutes (at least) before serving with the chicken skewers.