Grated zucchini, along with earthy extra virgin olive oil, makes this zucchini bread a moist and irresistible loaf for breakfast or snacking. I often make a double batch and freeze one of the loaves so I have an easy breakfast for my kids on busy weekday mornings. I swapped out eggs for an eggless alternative and it came out perfect, but you can stick to the classic recipe and use whole eggs.Print
Zucchini and Olive Oil Bread
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs (or 1/3 cup egg substitute, like JUST eggs)
- 1/3 cup 2% low fat Greek yogurt (or use a vegan sour cream substitute)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan with olive oil, then line with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, eggs or egg substitute, Greek Yogurt, olive oil and vanilla extract ad mix until combined. Add the zucchini and walnuts, if using, and fold into the batter until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet batter, a third at a time until completely incorporated, scraping down the bowl to ensure there are no clumps of flour.
- Bake 45 minutes or until a baking toothpick is inserted in the center of the loaf and comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing and serving