Not only are these pumpkin spiced donuts gluten free, they’re also baked, and the best part is I used a boxed baking mix and added a few other healthy ingredients to make them even healthier. I feel zero guilt serving my family these delicious and wholesome donuts, plus my whole house smells incredible. Enjoy!Print
Pumpkin Spiced Baked Donuts
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 box gluten free pumpkin bread baking mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp unsalted ghee or butter
- Cinnamon sugar for topping
- vegetable spray for pan
Special equipment – donut shaped baking pan
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, applesauce and water and whisk to combine.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl and add the melted butter to the wet ingredients. Whisk again
- Add the boxed baking mix, stir until completely incorporated.
- Spray the donut shaped baking dish with vegetable spray, then scoop the batter, filling just to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. To remove the donuts, twist gently before pulling them away from the pan.
- Dip in cinnamon sugar before serving.