It’s National Tequila Day and I can’t imagine a better way to celebrate than shaking up a perfect margarita! But instead of just sipping it, I wanted to share the easiest recipes for cooking with Tequila. It adds a smokey, oaky flavor that works well with grilled chicken and making it ahead of time and marinating overnight makes weeknight cooking a snap. And don’t worry if you’re cooking for kids, the alcohol will cookout. I love it over cilantro rice and topped with a fresh peach salsa that couldn’t be simpler to prepare. For an adult indulgence, try the XO Brownies. I top it with whipped cream that I whisk in a little of the Citronge liquor. Divine. Happy National Tequila Day, I hope you knock back a couple and fire up the grill!Print
Easy, Crispy Fish Tacos
- 4 tilapia filets
- 1 cup of 2% milk
- 1 cup of fine corn meal
- 1 tbsp of taco seasoning or Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning
- 1–2 tbsp olive oil or butter for pan-frying
- 8 corn tortillas
- guacamole, shredded cabbage, coleslaw or salsa for garnish
- Place a cast iron skillet on medium heat and add oil.
- In one large, shallow bowl pour the milk, and in another place the cornmeal and seasoning.
- Dip each tilapia filet in the milk and then immediately dredge in corn meal.
- Place in pan and fry until browned and crisp on each side (about 2 minutes each).
- Once cooked, cut each tilapia filet in half, place in a tortilla, and dollop with guacamole, salsa, coleslaw, or shredded cabbage.
Keywords: fish tacos, tilapia, easy