Crispy, Parmesan, Roasted, Potatoes – need I say more? There is no better combination that olive oil roasted potatoes that have a crunchy, salty exterior and soft, fluffy interior. Sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese, it’s the satisfying side dish my whole family loves. I serve it with my easy, homemade chimichurri sauce that I blitz in my food processor for a vibrant and fresh punch.Print
Crispy Smashed Parmesan Potatoes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 lb petit potatoes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash the potatoes, place them in a large pot and fill with water. Bring to a boil and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Transfer the potatoes, while hot, to a parchment lined baking sheet. Use a potato masher to gently press down on the potatoes until the peels burst and the potatoes are flattened to 1/4-inch thick disks.
- Drizzle with half the olive oil mixture, sprinkle with salt and bake for 10 minutes.
- Gently flip the potato disks, drizzle with remaining olive oil, salt and pepper and the Parmesan cheese and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until potatoes are browned at the edges and cheese is melted. Serve immediately