Few things are as tasty and simple as street tacos. You don’t have to spend a ton of time marinating and slow cooking meat to get a flavorful taco with a delicious sauce. Here’s my simple flank steak taco recipe, I hope you’ll try it and give me your comments!
Corn tortillas, fresh cilantro, sour cream, diced tomatoes for serving
Flank Steak Tacos – Tomatillo Salsa
- 5 tomatillos, outer skin removed and quartered
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, skin removed
- large handful cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the quartered tomatillos, jalapeño, onion, and garlic cloves in a saucepan and cook on medium until softened about 5-7 minutes.
- Cool slightly and place in a blender, along with the cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Blend until pureed. Spoon over flank steak tacos.