Fried Tofu with Sweet Chili Sauce
- Cuisine: Asian
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- canola or vegetable oil for frying
- 1 small bottle of sweet chili sauce
- 1 green onion, sliced very thin
- Remove the tofu from the package and drain the liquid. Wrap the tofu in several sheets of paper towel and press, soaking up any additional liquid.
- Cut tofu into triangle-shaped bite-sized pieces. Place in a mixing bowl and add cornstarch a tablespoon at a time and toss the tofu. Cornstarch should coat each piece and tofu should be relatively dry.
- Heat a wok on medium heat and pour a quarter of an inch thick of oil in the pan. Place tofu wide side down in the pan, tofu should not be touching and don’t crowd the pan.
- After a couple of minutes, the tofu will be lightly browned and have a crunchy edge. Flip and continue to cook.
- Once lightly browned on all sides, remove the tofu and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Repeat with remaining tofu.
- Place all the tofu in a large mixing bowl and add enough sweet chili sauce to coat.
- Toss, add the green onions and toss again. Serve immediately.
Keywords: Fried Tofu