Shrimp Spring Rolls
- 10 rice paper spring roll wrappers
- 7 oz bag vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 cucumber, peeled and julienned
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 12 cooked shrimps peeled, deveined, and sliced in half lengthwise
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- a handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup Thai Peanut Sauce for serving
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Place the vermicelli noodles and cook for 1 minute. Drain, Reserve 1 cup of very hot water, allowing to cool enough to handle (but still very warm).
- Place in a shallow, wide bowl. Dip a rice paper wrapper on both sides in the water. Do not submerge, this process is very quick.
- Remove and place on a dry cutting board.
- Working quickly, place a small handful of noodles, vegetables, shrimp and finally basil (or cilantro) and fold like a burrito.
- Continue with remaining rice paper, replacing hot water when it cools.
Serve with peanut sauce.