Chicken Satay with Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce
- Method: Grill
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 cup of Thai Peanut Sauce, plus more for dipping
- bamboo or wood skewers
- diced mango
- chopped cilantro
- chopped scallions
- fried rice
- Slice the chicken into thin, long strip. Toss in 1 cups of peanut sauce and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Skewer the chicken, reserving any liquid remaining.
- Heat your grill to medium high heat and grill the skewered chicken, brushing on any remaining sauce every couple of minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve over fried rice with diced mango, cilantro and scallions.
Keywords: Chicken Satay
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 10 oz natural, salted creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 5 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (or sushi vinegar)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 knob fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Depending on the thickness of your peanut butter, you may need to add more water to thin the sauce. Add 1/4 cup at a time until you have a thick, creamy, pourable sauce. Top on chicken satay, spring rolls or toss in pasta.