Nothing says Cinco de Mayo like a refreshing margarita, especially this take on the classic with infused Hibiscus tea and fresh-squeezed orange juice. In the video I used lime juice, which is classic for any margarita, but since then I’ve tweaked the recipe and I love it with the Cava orange juice. Feel free to try either and let me know what you think!Print
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1
- Category: cocktail
- 2 oz blanco tequila I used Don Julio)
- .5 oz fresh Cava orange juice (can use lime juice)
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 oz Hibiscus tea – recipe to follow
- Topo Chico or soda water to top
- Make the hibiscus tea – boil 1 1/2 cups water and place in a heat proof measuring cup with 1/4 cup dried hibiscus flowers. Let steep for five minutes, then add 1/2 cup of ice and allow to melt before straining into a glass jar. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or until cold.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, orange juice and honey and stir until the honey is dissolved. Add hibiscus tea and ice and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain into an old-fashioned cocktail glass, filled with ice. Serve with a slice of orange.