Chicken Tikka Masala is the ultimate Indian comfort food. A traditional Chicken Tikka Masala would normally take hours to marinate the chicken, grill it, then cook it in a creamy tomato sauce. But with the help of the Instant Pot and a cooked rotisserie chicken, this delicious meal can be prepared in minutes. For the tomato soup base, check out this recipe I created because it is equally as delicious.
Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- Method: Instant Pot
- Half a rotisserie chicken, or two cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup whole milk plain yogurt
- 3 cups tomato soup
- 2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- splash of cream
- Basmati Rice
- Naan bread
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the tomato soup in Instant Pot (recipe here)
- In a separate bowl, add the chicken, yogurt, spices, and salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Allow to marinate for at least five to 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the InstantPot and press the manual button for 5 minutes, seal and allow to cook.
- Manually release the pressure release valve.
- Stir in a splash of cream. Garnish with cilantro and serve with basmati rice and charred naan bread.
Keywords: Chicken Tikka Masala, Instant Pot