- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 9 oz sweetened shredded coconut
- pinch of salt
- bittersweet chocolate for dipping (optional)
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy, then add sugar and beat for another minute.
- Add condensed milk salt and coconut and stir until combined.
- Place in small circles on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to baking rack and cool completely.
- Dip in melted chocolate, if desired.
Keywords: coconut, macaroons, passover
Matzoh Balls with Fresh Herbs
- 1/2 cup matzoh meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp soda water
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped chives
- 6 cups water
- Whisk the eggs, salt, baking soda, vegetable oil and herbs together.
- Stir in the soda water and the matzoh meal.
- Allow to rest in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Place the water to boil and roll the matzoh into tablespoon sized balls.
- Place gently in simmering water and cook for about 8-12 minutes or until they have risen to the surface and are fluffy.
- Serve with chicken soup and carrots.
Keywords: matzoh balls, passover, herbs
Horseradish Scalloped Potatoes
- 8 Yukon Potatoes, scrubbed and sliced very thin on a mandolin
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 2 cups grated parmesan
- 4 tbsp freshly grated horseradish
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4–5 sprigs thyme, destemmed
- salt and pepper to taste (generous)
- Heat the oven to 375.
- Whisk the milk, cream, salt, pepper, garlic, red onion, thyme, half the parmesan cheese, and horseradish together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the potatoes and toss.
- Place in two, medium sized, baking dishes and sprinkle remaining parmesan on top.
- Grate a fine layer of horseradish on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes until the top is bubbling and browned.
Keywords: potatoes, horseradish