This Pine Nut Rosemary Brittle is the perfect combination of salty and sweet that is a fan favorite.Print
Pine Nut Rosemary Brittle
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups pine nuts
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp. finely ground sea salt
- Heat sugar in a 4-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until it becomes a liquid, golden caramel.
- Add pine nuts and then butter, and stir until butter is fully absorbed by caramel.
- Stir in half each the rosemary and salt, and then pour onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, spreading to create an even layer; sprinkle with remaining rosemary and salt while warm.
- Let cool completely and then break into bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container between sheets of wax paper.
Keywords: Pine Nut Rosemary Brittle