Roasted Butternut Squash and Mandarin Orange Salad
- Category: salad
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup butternut squash
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup Toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup Chopped dates
- 1/4 cup plain goat cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh Pomegranate seeds
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place peeled and cubed butternut squash on a parchment lined baking sheet and toss with olive oil and salt.
- Spread out so the pieces are not touching and roast for 10-15 minutes, or lightly browned at the edges.
- Allow to cool while you assemble the rest of the salad. Using a pairing knife, cut off the peel of the mandarin oranges, then slice into ¼ inch thick slices.
- In a large salad bowl toss both arugula and spinach, then layer in the butternut squash, orange slices, pine nuts, chopped dates, pomegranate seeds and crumble goat cheese on top.
- Pour over the vinaigrette and gently toss right before serving.
Keywords: Roasted Butternut Squash and Mandarin Orange Salad
Date Syrup Dressing
- Category: dressings
- 1 mandarin orange, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp date syrup (can substitute honey or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp shallot, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried Herbs de Provence
Add all the ingredients to a mason jar and shake vigorously before pouring over salad and tossing.
Keywords: Date syrup dressing