Have you smelled the peaches lately, or tasted a ripe, juicy strawberry? They’re amazing! I love summer fruit and what better way to highlight their beauty than elegant summer drinks? Whether it’s strawberry lemonade, a cherry, peach ginger sangria or a refreshing watermelon and mint infused water, here are some simple recipes to enjoy at any family BBQ or get together with friends. The first step to a fantastic drink is to make your own ice cubes. Pureeing watermelon and pouring it into old fashioned ice cube molds, or making lemonade into chunky ice cubes, is a great way to create maximized flavor. As the cubes melt it won’t dilute your drink, instead it makes the flavor that much more memorable. Watch the video above or see the recipes below (and don’t forget the root beer float popsicles and ice cream sandwiches, they’re the ultimate dessert for summer!)
Skinny Summer Drinks and Treats
Watermelon Mint Infused Water
- 1/3 small seedless watermelon
- a couple sprigs fresh mint leaves
- 1 bottle Fruit 2o Watermelon Water
- ice cube mold
- Puree the watermelon pulp in a blender.
- Fill ice cube trays and place a mint leave in each cube.
- Freeze overnight.
- The next day, stack them in a glass and pour over the Fruit 2o Watermelon water.
- As the cubes melt, you’ll get even more watermelon mint flavor!
Keywords: watermelon, mint, h2o, drink
Cherry Peach Ginger Sangria (Non alcoholic)
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and sliced in half
- 1 cup fresh chopped peaches, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup tart cherry juice
- 4 cups low cal ginger ale or ginger beer
- In a large pitcher combine the cherry juice and ginger ale and stir.
- Add the fruit, serve on ice.
Keywords: cherry, peach, ginger, sangria
Root Beer Float Popsicles and Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Really good vanilla ice cream
- Chips Ahoy Root Beer Float Cookies
- 2 cans low cal root beer of your choice
- popsicle molds
- For the popsicles, dollop the vanilla ice cream in the bottom of the mold, fill half way with root beer.
- When the bubbles subside, finish with another small dollop of ice cream.
- Place in the popsicle tops and freeze overnight.
- For the ice cream sandwiches, place a spoonful of the vanilla ice cream between two Chips Ahoy Root Beer Float cookies.
- Wrap individually in cling wrap and freeze until hard.
- Eat them quickly, they melt fast! Enjoy 🙂
Keywords: root, beer, float, cookies, popsicles