Good Morning Texas asked me to be part of their ‘slow cooker challenge’. I created three savory weeknight dinners and I had such fun! Any of these dishes would be perfect for a weeknight meal. If you have a few minutes in the morning before you leave the house, toss some ingredients in the slow cooker and let it do its magic. There’s nothing more comforting than returning home after a long day and the house smelling of dinner, especially when all the cooking is already done! I’ve received so many email requests for the recipes (thanks for watching!) and I would love to hear your feedback if you try one of them out. Sending you much luck in the kitchen and remember, don’t stress, it’s just dinner!Print
How to Make Slow Cooker Lasagna, Minestrone and White Wine Chicken
Slow Cooker Lasagna
- 1 lb ground beef, 85% lean
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2–24 ounce jars of favorite tomato sauce
- 12 lasagna sheets
- 30 ounce container ricotta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, sauté the onions, garlic and beef until meat is cooked and crumbled into small pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain of fat and stir into tomato sauce.
- Meanwhile, stir ricotta, chopped parsley and 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella together in a large mixing bowl.
- In the bottom of the crockpot, pour a couple tablespoons of sauce.
- Place a layer of lasagna noodles, broken into bite sized pieces.
- Next, layer a couple tablespoons of ricotta mixture.
- Repeat with layers of sauce, noodles and cheese until all used up.
- Turn slow cooker on low for 6 hours and cover with a lid.
- Before serving, sprinkle remaining mozzarella and allow to melt. Spoon and enjoy!
Keywords: slow cooker, lasagna
White Wine Slow Cooker Chicken and Veggies
- 2 chicken breasts, bone-in, skinless
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in, skinless
- 1 package baby bella mushrooms
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 bottle white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- cheese cloth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wrap herbs in cheesecloth.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker and nestle the herbs in the center.
- Place vegetables on top, season with salt and pepper and pour wine and broth on top.
- Place top on slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Skim any fat that rises to the surface and serve.
P.S. Add a splash of heavy cream at the end, it adds an incredible zing to the sauce.
Keywords: chicken, slow cooker
Slow Cooker Minestrone
- 1–32 ounce box vegetable broth
- 1–15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1–15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 zucchini, chopped into quarter inch pieces
- 1 celery stalk, chopped into quarter inch pieces
- 4 carrots, chopped into quarter inch pieces
- 1 handful green beans, chopped into quarter inch pieces
- 1 cup cooked elbow pasta
- parmesan cheese for topping
- In a slow cooker, add broth and tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn on low, cover with lid, and cook for 4-6 hours.
- Turn off slow cooker and stir in pasta.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
Keywords: minestrone, slow cooker