Many foods we eat can have a positive effect on how our brain performs and how happy we feel and this viral grated egg and smoked salmon avocado toast. Eggs are high in choline, which promotes brain function, avocados are high in healthy fats essential for brain function, and smoked salmon is high in omega-3 fatty acids, so great for brain health as well!Print
Grated Egg and Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 2 thick slices whole grain bread
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 6 thin slices smoked salmon
- 1 tsp ‘everything but the bagel’ seasoning
- kosher salt to taste
- wedges of fresh lemon, optional
- In a cast iron skillet or in a toaster, crisp the bread until evenly brown
- Allow to cool while you mash the avocado and sprinkle with salt
- Place the toast on a plate, spread evenly with mashed avocado and three slices of smoked salmon each.
- Cut the toast in half so you have four pieces total.
- Using a microplane or fine cheese grater, shave the hard boiled egg over the toast and sprinkle with ‘everything but the bagel’ seasoning and squeeze with fresh lemon juice, if using.