Cinco de Mayo can easily be a family affair with this simple, flavorful Tequila Lime Chicken. If peaches aren’t ripe yet, swap them out for mangos, which are amazing in salsa. Grab some remade guacamole, or simply top with sliced avocado and this meal is on the table in no time! I hope you have a margarita and chill on the back patio, that’s exactly what I have planned for tonight (while my screaming toddlers throw rice at each other and play in the backyard) Ole!
1 cup Basmati rice
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt to taste
1/ cups water
Saute garlic in olive oil until just fragrant. Add rice and saute for one minute. Add water, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 15 minutes. Turn off and allow rice to steam, covered, for 5 minutes. Add chopped cilantro and fluff with a fork to combine. Drizzle with a little more olive oil for super moist rice.
Cooking with Tequila for Cinco de Mayo
Tequila Lime Chili Chicken
- 1 cup Reposado tequila
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large handful chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce like Tabasco
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6–8 chicken breasts
- Place all the ingredients, except for the chicken, in a large Ziplock bag and stir to combine flavors.
- Add the chicken breasts and marinate overnight.
- Grill over a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Then turn the heat down to low, cover the grill lid and cook for 10 minutes. This helps chicken ge a great grill flavor without drying out chicken breasts.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining marinade in a sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat until it reduces by half, or forms a thick, syrupy sauce.
- Spoon over chicken and top with peach salsa.
Keywords: tequila, lime, chicken
- 2 medium peaches, diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- juice from one large lime
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- large handful cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- (optional: 1/2 diced jalapeño)
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and gently toss.
- Serve over Tequila Lime Chili Chicken.
Keywords: peach, salsa
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1/ cups water
- Saute garlic in olive oil until just fragrant.
- Add rice and saute for one minute.
- Add water, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Turn off and allow rice to steam, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro and fluff with a fork to combine.
- Drizzle with a little more olive oil for super moist rice.
Keywords: cilantro, rice