Once I tried this creamy homemade cashew milk, it’s been hard for me to buy it in the store! Without any fillers, there are only three simple ingredients, organic raw cashews, water, and a pinch of cinnamon. Using a high-powered blender is key for making your cashew milk super thick and extra creamy and smooth. The other thing is just planning ahead as the cashews need to soak overnight.
This amount lasts me a little over a week, I often make myself two cups of coffee a day but use enough cashew milk that it’s more like a cafe au lait. I froth my cashew milk in my Nespresso Aeroccino, which is hands down my favorite kitchen appliance. And while I add cinnamon so it adds more flavor for my coffee, you can leave it out and substitute it for savory recipes that would normally call for milk, like my cauliflower mac n cheese. Let me know what other kids of dairy-free milk recipes you’d like to see!
Creamy Homemade Cashew Milk
- 1 cup raw organic cashews
- 6 cups of water, filtered
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- special equipment: High powered blender, this is the one I use
- optional: 1 pitted date for sweetness
- In a large bowl, add cashews and 2.5 cups of water and leave out on the kitchen counter to soak overnight.
- In the morning drain the water and rinse the cashews.
- Place in a high-powered blender, along with 3.5 cups of filtered water and cinnamon, and blend on high on the smoothie setting.
- Store in a tight lid jar and keep in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- Shake well before adding to coffee or putting in a milk frother.