I know you’ve heard of avocado toast and you probably have a recipe for Banana Bread (if not, you have to try mine!) but this recipe combines the best of both to create a moist and slightly sweet Avocado Bread that is a new favorite in our home. There is no butter and no oil and can easily be completely dairy free by using plant-based milk. I hope you love it as much as my kids do!Print
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest (1 large lemon)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cream (can sub plant-based milk)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, avocados and eggs and mix until combined.
- Add the salt, lemon zest and lemon juice and cream and mix again.
- Add the dry ingredients of the baking powder, baking soda and flour and mix.
- Pour into a parchment lined bread loaf and bake at 375 for 4-45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Remove and cool on a baking rack and slice in half inch pieces.