I’ve compiled some of my favorite summer recipes and punched up the flavor by adding tons of fresh herbs – Tarragon Lemon Chicken, Mediterranean Pasta Salad and a Fruit Pizza with Mint Mascarpone. Below are some of the easiest summer recipes that can be made ahead of time and can be enjoyed throughout the season.Print
Tarragon Lemon Grilled Chicken
- 1 lb trimmed chicken breasts
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- juice from two lemons
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped tarragon
- tsp Kosher salt
- tsp fresh cracked pepper
- Whisk all the marinade ingredients together and taste for seasoning.
- Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Marinate the chicken overnight, then grill on medium heat on both sides for 5 minutes each side.
Keywords: grilled, chicken, tarragon, lime
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 4 cups cooked pasta like fusilli
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup Persian cucumbers, chopped into quarter-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup sheep’s milk feta, cubed in quarter-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, sliced into thin ribbons
- juice from 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced very fine
- salt ad pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add the lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper, then whisk in the olive oil.
- Add the pasta and toss.
- Next add the vegetables, olives, feta and the basil and toss gently.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving, add more chopped basil on top if desired.
Keywords: mediterranean, pasta, salad
Fresh Berry Fruit Pizza with Mint Mascarpone Cream
- One basic fruit pizza dough – I used Pinch of Yum’s recipe which was very simple!
- 8 oz mascarpone
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped mint
8 ounces each of the following berries (or really any other fresh fruit you like. Other examples are mango, kiwi, grapes or banana slices):
- strawberries, sliced
- Place the heavy cream in a large electric mixer and whisk until fluffed to about double the size (about 4-5 minutes).
- Add the sugar and mascarpone, turn the speed down to one and gently whisk in the cheese.
- Add in the mint and stir gently.
- To assemble, add the cream to the cooled pizza dough and arrange the fruit on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Keywords: fruit, pizza, dessert