Forbidden Rice Pudding
- 3/4 cup Forbidden rice (you can use short grain or sticky)
- 2 cups water (plus more if needed)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
- In a medium sauce pan, add the water and rice and pinch of salt, cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce to low and cook for about 20 minutes.
- If the rice absorbs all the water and is still firm, add another half cup and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk, sugar, honey and vanilla.
- Cook for 5 minutes on low heat and serve.
Keywords: Rice Pudding