Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12-15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12–15 1x
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 stick cold, unsalted butter (preferably grass-fed organic)
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk, plus more for brushing
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 425. In a food processor, add the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt and pulse to combine.
- Cut the cold butter into small cubes and sprinkle evenly on top of the flour mixture.
- Pulse until completely combined or the butter is incorporated. Add the paprika and cheddar cheese and pulse again, only until incorporated into the flour mixture.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pour the buttermilk evenly over the flour and pulse until a dough forms.
- Scoop out onto a floured surface and drool into a dough, about ¾ inch thick.
- Cut into squares and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with buttermilk and bake for 12-15 minutes or golden brown.